Featured post

Buy All Quiet on the Home Front here.

Buy All Quiet on the Home Front from ICVL STUDIO. It is also available now at the wonderful  Tipi Bookshop in Belgium. And soon at ...

Thursday, 7 March 2013

Clear Cut by Christoph Soeder










So I was working at the University of Wales today making little photo books when in walks doc phot student Christoph Soeder with his handmade accordion book, Clear Cut. I am going to post something later in the year on this,but I had to get the book up for this coolest of cool (see also Stacy Kranitz, Owen Harvey and Mike Brodie) weeks.

It's basically a collection of portraits shot at a barber's shop in Newport. What makes it so cool is that the cover matches the barber's capes worn by the subjects, the snap buttons that makes it work as both a regular book and an accordion book, and of course the pictures. I don't know if Christoph is going to make any more of these but I hope he does.





2 comments:

Stan B. said...

Brilliantly conceived and executed portraits presented... brilliantly!

colin pantall said...

Thanks Stan. I will post more on this later. There is a lot going on here and it looks great.